Use your camcorder with the full range of webcam software available today. Just plug your camcorder into your PC's Firewire port, run DVdriver and start the software you want to use.
MSN®, Yahoo®, Skype® and NetMeeting®...
Take advantage of crisp camcorder video quality in all of the popular video-chatting systems like MSN, Yahoo, Skype and NetMeeting.
Surveillance, Capture, Streaming
Use your camcorder with video surveillance software to keep an eye on your home or business. Feed camcorder video to any capture, encoding or streaming software.
Why Buy a Webcam?
Why go out and buy a webcam if you already own a camcorder? With DVdriver, your camcorder becomes a webcam. Not just any webcam either, but a superb one with video quality that far exceeds that of typical webcams. (Of course, you can still use a webcam if you wish).
Camcorder Video to Multiple Applications Simultaneously
An important feature of DVdriver is that it can feed your camcorder's video to several applications at the same time. You can, for example, use your camcorder's video in Yahoo's instant messaging service and in MSN Messenger's chat at the same time. Simultaneously, you could be using a third program to capture the video to disk. DVdriver takes care of duplicating the video stream from your camcorder and sending it to all the programs you're using.
Camcorder Optical Zoom Control
DVdriver can also control the optical zoom of many camcorder models from your PC. This unique feature requires no external hardware. Test your camcorder using the free trial software.
- Broadcast camcorder video on the web using webcam software.
- Videoconference with software like NetMeeting®.
- Send camcorder video to instant messaging buddies with webcam-enabled IM software like Yahoo! Messenger, MSN Messenger, and AOL Instant Messenger.
- Run many apps at once: Feed your camcorder's video to several webcam applications simultaneously.
- Pan/Tilt/Zoom control: Digitally zoom in and out. Shift the field of view in any direction. Control optical zoom of Canon ZR and compatible cameras.
- PowerPod control: With a PowerPod robotic camcorder base, control pan (160º) and tilt (110º) from DVdriver.
- Supports up to 1080P (progressive scan) video resolution.
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating system: Windows® 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7, 32bit and 64 compatible.
- Processor: Genuine Intel Pentium®, Pentium II, Pentium III, AMD® K6, AMD K6-2 processor running at 133 MHz or higher; for best performance, 200 MHz or above is recommended
- Memory: 32MB RAM
- Interface: available "FireWire" port on computer and on camcorder. (Please note that this connection sometimes uses different names. Officially it is known as "IEEE 1394", Sony calls it an "iLink"connector)
- Drive: CD-ROM drive
- Display: Display adapter cabable of 24 bit color at 640x480
- Sound: Windows compatible sound card and microphone (for voice command features)
- Internet: Modem or LAN access to the Internet at 28.8Kbps or faster required (for video conferencing)
- Browser: Web browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer® 4.0 or higher, Netscape Navigator® 6.0 or higher
- Disk space: 20MB available hard disk space
Combine with Optional Pan/Tilt Pod
To get even more functionality from DVdriver, combine it with a hardware accessory that can give you the ultimate in remote monitoring. Chose from TrackerPod® or MotorPod, or PowerPod, depending on the weight of your camera. These are tripods that you mount your camcorder that will tilt and swivel the camcorder up, down, left and right with the DVdriver dashboard.
Tell a Friend about DVdriver
- DVdriver has its own internet address: www.dvdriver.com that points here. So if you want to tell your friends about DVdriver, no need to try and remember a long URL. Just tell them to go to DVdriver.com!